Saturday, May 28, 2011

Slimming Centre Review- BodyPerfect



Always on the hunt for slimming treatments that will help to contour and sculpt my body into my ideal shape, I bought the voucher featured on Deal.com.sg (80% off 6 Unique and Effective Fat Burning Solutions@BodyPerfect, Orchard & Raffles Place Branch. Only $28 instead of $199) to go check out BodyPerfect located at Liat Towers, Orchard Road.



Upon arrival, I filled up a form and then proceeded for the consultation. My consultant, Diana, shared with me that she had just delivered her second child 7 months ago, and through using BodyPerfect's Cold Shu Signature Treatment(a cold wrap infused with a special in-house solution)-10 sessions for $1800, combined with the SuperVac(suction) machine-10 sessions for $1800, has managed to firm up her tummy substantially. She recommends I top up $80 to try a session of the SuperVac(First Trial at $150).

I ask her to explain to me the 6 treatments on the voucher I had purchased;
1)360° SpotReduction Programme - Award-Winning Spot Treatment
2)Far Infrared Lymphatic Drainage- Ceramic Waves Technology featuring Uniform Energy Distribution
3)BodyPerfector Serum- Dermal Sculpting Treatment Serum
4)Thermal DeepFat Burn- Promotes SubDerma Fat Burn
5)BodyFat Mobilisation System™ (bFMS) - Prolongs the Increased Localised Metabolic Fat Burn
6)Thermogenic extracts- BodyFat Mobilisation SystemTM (bFMS) Thermogenic extracts

Turns out Item 1 stands for "Choose 1 area", Item 2 is a hot blanket using Ceramic Waves Technology, Items 3, 4, 5 are 3 different types of fat-burning creams, and Item 6 is another type of fat-burning gel to apply after the treatment.

What fancy names for such a simple treatment that lasted a mere 30 mins!

Diana is a little frustrated that I'm not upgrading my treatment. But aside from abruptly cutting me off mid-sentence, she does make some effort to conceal her frustration and is not outrightly rude.

I chose to do my tummy. My therapist applied 2 layers of cream onto my abdomen, wrapped my tummy with cling-wrap, and I lay in the "Ceramic Wave Technology" hot blanket for about 20 mins. Then she applied one more layer of fat-burning gel and I was good to go!

Plus Points:

1)Consultants and Therapists are separate and distinct. Consultants recommend and sell customers the treatments. Therapists administer the treatments. So if your consultant is pissed with you for not purchasing a treatment of a higher value, at least she can't take it out on you during the treatment session!
2)Treatment is comfortable; the blanket is warm, not hot, and the creams are tingling.

Minus Points:

1)Treatment rooms and interior areas are dated and separated by thin wall dividers. Be prepared to listen in on everyone's conversations in the rooms around you and have everyone listen in on whatever you say as well!
2)Facilities are almost non-existent. There are no steam rooms, saunas or showers.
3)No weight or measurements were taken before and after the treatment.

Verdict: The treatment is acceptable for the low price of $28.

Average Package Price: $1800 for 10 sessions of cold wraps, $1800 for 10 sessions of SuperVac suction machine, 1 session for 1 area only.

Treatment Time: 1 hour

Note: On BodyPerfect's official website, the BodyFat Mobilisation System™ (bFMS) is described as Ultrasonic Cavitation and Skin Diathermy, which I thought would entail use of a machine as "cavitation" is a treatment whereby fat cells are subjected to extremely high heat, which causes them to "pop" and liquify. The fatty acids are then passed out naturally through the body's lymphatic drainage system. However, no machine was used. Upon further enquiry with Karen, Centre Manager- Orchard Branch, she confirmed that it is a special type of fat-burning cream coupled with the Thermogenic extracts gel to prolong the fat-burning process. Furthermore, Far Infrared treatment causes the body to heat up from within, thus causing an increase in heart rate, simulating cardio activity, and subsequent perspiration. I did not experience this during the blanket treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment