Saturday, May 21, 2011

Slimming Centre Review- Marie France Bodyline

Recently, I saw a promotional campaign on Cozycot for Marie France Bodyline which includes a 1 hour free trial for new customers, and a 6-month package at just $133 per month, plus complimentary nutritionist session on every visit, facial treatments, hair & scalp therapies, massage therapies and hand therapies. You may view the online advertisement here.

I went to the branch at International Building. The centre is done up nicely in warm shades of brown and gold, and the staff greeted me with welcoming smiles.



I was handed an information brochure and a form to fill in my details.




After a short wait, I was led to a room where I met with 2 nutritionists. I stood on a machine, similar to the one at Suddenly Slender, which performed a body composition analysis. The nutritionist then informed me that my BMI is 17.5, which classified me as "Slightly Underweight" according to the Health Promotion Board's BMI table for adults. My body fat percentage is 19%, which is in the healthy range of 17%-24% for females. I was advised not to lose anymore weight, and instead focus on firming and toning. Next, I filled up a health questionnaire(Any health problems, constipation, smoking, alcohol consumption etc.) and was asked about my regular dietary habits.

Next, I met my consultant, Iris, who reviewed the information and asked me what were my expectations and goals. She had a look at my problem areas(hips, thighs, tummy, love handles and arms) and declared that the area which required the most attention is my tummy.

I asked her what is included in the free 1 hour trial. It is the consultation and a standard cold wrap- Fat Mobilization System(Marie France's pioneer slimming therapy) for 1 area. The treatment takes 25 minutes. Elastic bandages soaked in a special solution is used to wrap the body, followed by a mild exercise session on a vibrating platform.

The special package promotion at $133 per month for 6 months is based on credit card instalment plans. It consists of 8 FMS cold wraps and 8 sea salt scrub treatments with use of a hot blanket.

As they were closing, I didn't get a chance to try the free cold wrap. Iris suggested I come in the following day to do the treatment, but as I was not free, she promised to follow-up with me and fix an appointment.

Plus Points: Staff are polite and friendly, body fat composition and analysis is comprehensive, and nutritionists are on hand to dispense advice or tailor a diet suited to individual needs. Centre has a relaxing spa ambience and is aesthetically pleasing. My consultant, Iris, is knowledgeable about the treatments and their procedures. Website is comprehensive. Consultants and therapists are distinct.

Minus Points: The centre is unisex, so expect to bump into the occasional male customer(Every treatment is carried out in a private room). Operating hours are 11am to 8.30pm on weekdays, and 11am to 5pm on Saturdays. They are closed on Sundays. Peak hour slots on weekday evenings are usually very busy, and there appears to be a slight shortage of therapists. Closing times are more strictly enforced than in other slimming centres. It is virtually empty by 8.30pm, and you'd have to use the public toilet on the first floor if you end your treatment at closing time. Some hard-selling is to be expected, though prices are somewhat reasonable compared with other major slimming chains. Credit card instalment plans are limited, troublesome to apply, and incur a mandatory service charge(Service charge is not permitted to be deducted off the listed package price, but will be offset by additional treatments given in the form of rebates.)

Average Package Price: Upwards of $3000 for a customised fixed treatment programme(1 session for 1 area only), $10,000 for a 20 session customised free-range treatment programme(all slimming and contouring treatments, all areas, 1 visit equivalent to 1 session, maximum 5 hours per visit), $20,000 for a 40 session "all-in" customised free-range treatment programme(all slimming and contouring treatments, all areas, inclusive of all Bust Treatments and facials, 1 visit equivalent to 1 session, maximum 5 hours per visit)

Treatment Time: 25 minutes for a wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment