Friday, June 24, 2011

Musee Platinum Tokyo

I went for my first underarm IPL treatment at Musee Platinum Tokyo's Centrepoint outlet on Sunday.

The treatment room was bright and clean, and I was given a blue spaghetti-strapped tank top to change into.



I was a little apprehensive as I had completed a 12-session course of IPL hair removal for underarm at The Best Beauty Centre in Toa Payoh just 2 years ago. While the results were good, the treatment was uncomfortable and I had the misfortune to be slightly burnt during one session. Once bitten, twice shy?

I kept my fingers crossed, hoping that in the 2 years past, IPL machines would have become a lot less uncomfortable.



Unfortunately, the IPL machines used here are similar to those I tried 2 years ago.

My therapist covered my eyes with a special type of goggles, applied cold gel and commenced the treatment. Each short, intense shot of light felt like an ant bite, which was mildly uncomfortable.

After that, she placed 2 cold pads onto the treated area and left me to rest for about 5 minutes.

Finally, the pads are removed and a bit of moisturising gel applied to soothe the skin.

Verdict: Unlimited IPL sessions for underarm at $138 is good value for the price. However, do note that you are only allowed to make an appointment 2 months after the date of your last treatment, and that appointments are very difficult to secure. Recommended as a maintenance package for those who have already completed a full-course of IPL sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment