Saturday, June 18, 2011

Slimming Treatment Review Update- Bottomslim

Bottomslim measures a client's progress after every 5 sessions.

On my 5th visit yesterday evening, I had a body analysis done and my weight taken. My body fat percentage had increased slightly, and I had gained 1.5kg. After the treatment, pictures of my tummy(but not my thighs) and my measurements were taken and my therapist announced that I had lost 1-2cm off the circumference of my thighs and tummy. How was this possible considering my weight gain and increased body fat percentage?

The only plausible explanations are:
1) I had gained more muscle mass, which causes the weight gain and inch loss as the muscles are toned and tightened. But if I had gained muscle mass, why did my body fat percentage increase?
2) The measurements taken are incorrect, or the readings of my body fat percentage are inaccurate.

Verdict: I am still unconvinced that the treatment made me lose 1-2cm in circumference from my tummy and thighs after 5 sessions. I'll see how it is again after my 10th visit. Perhaps the results will be more apparent by then.

Tip: To enhance the effect of the fat-burning mask, I do a 20 minute session in my FIR hot blanket when I get home. The heat helps the mask work longer. If you don't have a hot blanket, massaging the area to warm up the skin also results in a similar "tingling" feeling.

Important Note:

During my 3rd session, I suffered a number of mild electric shocks while using the padding machine. I informed my therapist, Stella, who proceeded to change the pads for me. However, the next set had a bad connection and I couldn't feel the machine working at all. After some adjustment, it worked but the mild electrical shocks, similar to strong static, prevailed. Upon closer inspection, I realised that a few wires were secured with duct tape! The original rubber covering may have worn off and duct tape used to replace it. I have already left feedback.

You may see evidence in the photos below. The wire, second from the left, has been wrapped with blue duct tape, while the fifth and sixth wire(not so obvious from the photos) is wrapped with black duct tape which has since slid down. The black duct tape has likely been in place for a substantial amount of time as it has left behind a sticky residue on the rubber covering.




Although I have been told by the therapist that no other customer has had the unfortunate experience of getting mildly electrocuted during treatment before, on my subsequent visits, I have asked for the pads without duct tape to be used during my treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment